Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Reading is in My Blood


Well, this is my stab at blogging about books. I've often wondered what talent, if any, I possess. I still haven't come up with an answer. But, if being literate were a talent........then that's about all I've got.
I read for pure enjoyment. It is the only way I can relax or zone out. So.....don't expect this to be a blog about classic literature. I don't read to pick apart the writing. I don't read to edit. Sometimes I read to learn. Lots of times I read to experience something I never will any other way. Mostly reading is just FUN!!
I will grade the books on my taste. I will also try to warn of explicit language and content, because I always wish someone would do that for me. Be forewarned............I have a high threshold. I don't like to read nasty content or lots of cursing for no reason. I really don't like the F word. But, because I read a LOT and I read fairly quickly, I don't always pick up on some things that would offend others.
Also, I am no book editor. I usually read for the way it makes me feel. I may not give a great synopsis. I may ramble about how I felt. I'll try to give some sort of overview, otherwise I guess this would be sort of pointless. Mostly though, this is just my own personal book journal. I like to see what I have read in the past because frankly I read so much I often forget. Plus if I'm not going to do the laundry, I have to get my sense of accomplishment somewhere else. So instead of stacking all of the books up to the ceiling..........I'll log them here.