Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Spies, Lies and a Pair of Ties

Spies, Lies and a Pair of Ties by Sheralyn Pratt

Rhea (Ray) Jensen is a 24 year old P.I. (Not my favorite subject already). Rhea is cute, smart, athletic and crushing on an old boyfriend that she professes to be 'emotionally married' to. Rhea is working on an important embezzlement case that could endanger her life the closer she comes to the truth. While on a stake out, Rhea runs into a pair of missionaries.

Rhea reminds me a lot of Kinsey Malone of the Sue Grafton novels (minus the sex). She is spunky and brilliant and I loved her. She also has her own moral code in which her dead mother played a large role. I really like finding characters that live a moral life because it is healthy and makes sense even though they may not have a religious reason. Religion did not play a large part in this book. When Rhea had to deal with it, she did it like she does her job. I like the way she looked at issues and brought them up in a manner that didn't seem like this was just an LDS author popping in some religion just for her publisher.

This book was an accidental find. I wasn't sure it was up my alley but I couldn't pass it up for the awesome sale it was on. (Woo Hoo I love library book sales!). I am so glad that I picked it up. I can't wait to read the follow ups 'Welcome to Stalk Lake City' and 'Idle Playgrounds'. I am desperate to know about what happens with Rhea's old crush.

Rating 4 Loved it and loved the character.

Rating PG There was a moment of intense desire that Rhea didn't give in to even though she wanted to (and frankly I did too there for a minute).

No comments: