Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Hourglass Door


The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum
Wowie! I am so glad I found this book! I had so much fun with it.
Up until recently Abby has had a very predictable life. She is dating her next door neighbor Jason. She is planning to go to the state college and room with her friend. Then Abby begins to feel like she needs something different. She applies to a college in the East that cares more about 'living without limits' that her grades. She also meets Dante while she is helping direct her schools production of 'Much Ado About Nothing'. Dante is hot, mysterious and Italian.
Before long Abby finds that Dante may also be dangerous. Dante came from no where and is somehow connected to a hot new band Zero Hour. The band seems to be hiding a secret and bewitching everyone that hears them.
Abby falls for Dante and has a rather smoothe breakup with Jason. Dante and Abby fall head over heals for each other. Dante feels that Abby is able to accept truth. He tells Abby that he has really come from the 1400's and that he was an apprentice to DaVinci. DaVinci made a time machine and Dante was one of the test subjects, chosen because he was fingered for a crime he did not commit. Zero Hour's band mates have also arrived from the same time period and they happen to be the reason Dante was put through the time machine.
I was a little thrown off by 'keeping the balance' thing that Dante has to do in order to stay in the present without going insane. It grew on me the longer I read. Very imaginative.
I love the romance parts......I am such a sucker. All I want is for Dante and Abby to be together! My biggest complaint is that I found this series while only the first book has been published. I wish I wouldn't have stumbled upon it until there were more.
Rating 4.5
Rating G

No comments: