Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life Expectancy

Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz

The Master of Horror, Dean Koontz, has put out a book somewhat horrific, suspenseful and funny as heck!! The book begins with the night of Jimmy Tock's birth. As his mother labors, his grandfather nears death in another part of the hospital. Just as Josef Tock is about to take his last breath...........he wakes from stoke induced coma to utter prophecy. He speaks of 5 terrible days in the life of his grandson Jimmy Tock.
The book follows through Jimmy's life up to the 5th terrible day..........through the eyes of Jimmy. As horror befalls Jimmy and his family..........I laughed out loud. Jimmy........or rather Mr. Koontz is hilarious!!
I felt like it rushed the end a little and skipped some sort of pertinent info. about ........some suff (I don't want to spoil.) But I was kind of tired of Jimmy being in peril all of the time so I was mostly okay with it.
This book is a great look at basic good vs. evil. It is also a sweet story about family and what should matter most in our lives even though we don't know in advance what our future holds.

Rating 5 Love, laughter, family life, food, evil, good, crazy, suspense, horror. It's all there. I would read it again. That's how I usually determine if I will rate a book a five.
Rating PG 13 Violence and one nasty sexual word I hate.

No comments: