Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Friday, December 26, 2008

A Distant Thunder

A Distant Thunder by Anita Stansfield

This is the second book in a three part series. It is the continuing story of Jayson Wolfe and Elizabeth Greer. Jayson leaves Oregon and sets out for the bright lights and big city of L.A. to make his way in the music business. Elizabeth has declined his marriage proposal and goes to Boston for college. The book traverses 20 years of their lives mostly apart. Jayson's career takes an abrupt rise and a life altering crash along with other harrowing events..........true Stansfield style. Elizabeth makes a life without Jayson and has the secure easy going life she always wanted, except for without Jayson, whom she still wants.
The first book in this series, I felt like deviated enough from other Stansfield books that I was pleasantly surprised. This book goes right back to super emotional and of course her writing style and wording never change.
I hate to make it sound like I am bashing Stansfield. I enjoy her books because I like the issues that she undertakes (very pertinent for our times) and I like the way they are resolved even if others find it cheesy......it gives me good ideas on how I SHOULD have handled situations instead of how I DO handle situations. As ever I am a devoted fan that must own every wit of literature she releases.
It was a day well spent reading. I am excited for book three because I am a sucker for a happy ending no matter whom you have to kill off or divorce to get it.
Rating 4 (maybe a hair under since I don't think it was up to par with book 1).
Rating G Characters have good moral standings despite the lack of religious affiliation for much of the book.

No comments: