Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

An Eclipse Novella

Meyer's Eclipse spin off novella was a sweet little bite to hold me over until the end of this month!  I am glad that I read this on line at Meyer's website http://www.breetanner.com/ .  It was a nice change from the Bella/Edward/Jacob intensity.
Bree was one of Victoria's newborn army, made to wipe out Bella.  The story doesn't involve much of Bree's background which she has forgotten after being made a vampire.  I was happy to see someone else's perspective but disappointed that I didn't really get the feeling of hunger and desperate desire that I thought would be driving Bree at her new stage.  I guess if she had been so overtaken with blood lust there wouldn't have been much of a story or any conversation.
Even though I knew she would end up dying by the end I still felt bad.  I had some connection with her and wished that she could have stayed with the Cullens.

Rating 3 Interesting but not the best.  I felt like it was a bit of a ploy for more royalties........so I am glad that I read it online.
Rating PG Some gore.......vampire feeding.

No comments: