Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fablehaven Rise of the Evening Star

Fablehaven Rise Of The Evening Star by Brandon Mull

This is the second by of Fablehaven. I think that we may have enjoyed this one even more than the first. The characters (Kendra and Seth) seemed better developed. Kendra didn't seem as flat to me. She was more mature. The opening of the book was something my kids and I both enjoyed. We felt like it was a much better intro. The book does follow the same pattern at the last, where there is a big 'OH NO!' sort of moment and then the children are left to once again rescue Fablehaven. The satyrs are still funny characters. The supporting cast is better. The magic and fantasy are better. The ending is a total set up for book 3.
I will give this book a 4. It was a great book but I'm not head over heels in love with it.
Also I still think it's a G. There are some scary moments but they didn't bother my three year old.

No comments: