Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Blood and Chocolate

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
Unfortunately for Blood and Chocolate, the title was the best part. It sounded intriguing and I wanted something to read for Halloween. The book is about a teen girl/ werewolf......Vivian. I kept getting the sense that there was a book before this one because there were a lot of references to things I felt like I should have already known. I still can't figure out if this is true or not, although this book has been made into a movie. Vivian falls in love with a human (meat boy) and wants to reveal herself to him in hopes that he will understand her. Her pack meanwhile is also having problems. They are trying to get a new leader, find a place to settle down, and control maverick werewolves that are endangering pack existence.
The descriptions of a werewolf changes were interesting and well articulated. I wanted to know what would happen between Vivian and Aiden (the meat boy). Besides that this book was basically trash. The family situation that Vivian comes from is disgusting to even have to ponder on.....although I feel like it might be common in some homes. Vivians' mother is only concerned about her own sex life and cares nothing for her daughter. Vivian is overtly sexualized for a teen. It's mostly all she thinks about......actually I think that is what the whole book is about. Strangely though she isn't actually having any.
Rating 2 ........I finished it because I wanted to know what happened in the end, but it was a waste of time when I could have been reading something better, or doing laundry.
Rating R swearing, murder, violence, sexual content, poor family relationships (the mother wants Vivian to drink and have sex as long as it doesn't interfere with her drinking and having sex).

No comments: