Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim


Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris

Hello.........I just laughed so hard I wept.  I'm not kidding.  When I first heard of this book.....and it came highly recommended.....it sounded less than 'meh'.  I was uninspired by the title.  But I figured my girl knew her stuff and so I read it anyway (even my librarian looked at me like my time would be better spent elsewhere).

There were some giggles as Sedaris described his family relationships and silly vignettes of childhood happenings.  Then I get to the chapter 'Six to Eight Black Men'.  My husband heard my hysterics from the other room.  He asked me to read aloud what I thought was 'so funny'.  I couldn't do it.  I couldn't hold it together.  I laughed until tears leaked down my face.  Now I will grant you that I was under abnormal stress and the hour was late....but I stand by my opinion......David Sedaris is a riot.  I am beyond slightly disappointed that he is gay because that leaves very little room for me to marry him, live in a foreign country, and laugh the rest of my life away.

Rating 4.5
Rating   um I laughed so hard I don't remember anything else that happened.....I think there may have been swearing, oh yeah.......there was a masterbation scene and homosexual content......so erm...maybe R.

No comments: