Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fablehaven Grip Of The Shadow Plague Book 3


Fablehaven Grip Of The Shadow Plague   Book 3 by Brandon Mull

In this Fablehaven, a dark plague begins to overtake the creatures of light within the preserve.  Kendra, Seth and their family must find out where the plague originated in order to stop it before Fablehaven falls to the creatures of darkness.  The family is also trying to find information about the Sphinx, once thought to be one of their greatest allies.  He may actually be the head of their greatest foe, the Society of the Evening Star.

This book has treasure hunting, dragons, demons, fairies, centaurs, satyrs......a huge variety of mythical creatures and lots of adventure.  I even shed more than one tear by the end........making this a pretty good book.

Rating 4  I read these to the kiddos.  It seems to take us a long time.  The kids really like them but I don't like them as much.  They are a fun family read and my kids like to read them on their own. My baby even likes to have these read to him.  Great gift books or books for kids that can read on their own.

Rating PG The family is in peril most of the time in this book.  The dark plague could be considered scary.  One member of the group that runs the preserve dies.  That is where I cried.........so did my four year old. 

No comments: