Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Lost Symbol



I was entertained.........so shoot me.  I didn't go into this book thinking that I was reading Chaucer, Shakespear, or even Hemmingway (whom I can't stand, yet other's love).  I knew I was reading this to zone out and have a good time.

The main point of the book was the symbolism in Washington D.C. and it's relation to Freemasonry.  Completely interesting and thought provoking.  I wasn't looking for a scriptural experience so I don't necessarily take what he is saying as truthful even if he did investigate his facts.  I did not enjoy his pot shots at religion through his character Robert Langdon.  If you want to include various religions and your character doesn't believe them then great, but snide little comments by the author, shrouded as character are crappy.

I felt like I moved through the book slowly even though I was enjoying it.  I especially liked the theories of Neonetics (mind over matter/faith/hope/belief studied scientifically).

Rating 4
Rating PG 13  Murder, dismemberment, mutilation, torture.

No comments: