Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Fax From Sarajevo


Fax From Sarajevo by Joe Kubert

This is a graphic novel based on faxes received by the author from a family trapped in Sarajevo.  During the 1990's Serbs moved into this area and many others and began killing families, women and children for money.  The Serbs were determined to claim the land and leave nothing standing.

I wasn't sure I was going to like a graphic novel.  I like to rip right through the book without giving my eyes a work out.  I will admit though that the graphics really brought this book home.  Also at the end of the book were pictures taken of the family and of the city during the time it was occupied.

I enjoyed getting a bit more in depth about the war.  I also read the book Zlata's Diary which was written by a young girl during the war.  Because she was young she wasn't able to give the same detail.

Rating 4.5 Great book.  I really enjoyed reading something out of the ordinary.
Rating R War, rape, torture, terror.

No comments: