Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Kingdom Come The Final Victory


Kingdom come The Final Victory by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins
This is the final book in the 'Left Behind' series. Christ has returned to earth to reign and Satan is bound for a thousand years. Naturals (the people that lived through the return of Christ and those born after His coming) and glorified beings (the ones martyred or raptured) exist together. Apparently their only reason for existence is to worship. The naturals that were born after Christ's appearance have 100 years to become believers or they die on their hundredth birthday. There are many who do not worship Christ as their Savior. They begin an uprising to build the greatest army the world has ever seen in order to stand as the army of Satan when he is again loosed on the earth.
The concept was an interesting idea it just sort of fell flat for me. At times I skimmed when I was tired or disturbed by their interpretation of scripture. Basically everyone lived for a thousand years and then Satan was loosed. There was no battle. The earth was renewed. The end.
Rating 2.5 Meh.....it was okay. I'm glad I finished the series. The first book, 'Left Behind' was a book that I disagree with doctrinally but I did find entertaining enough. I give it a 4 for entertainment. I read all of the ones after that because I wanted to read the series, but I didn't enjoy them as much.
Rating G

No comments: