Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Heart of the Five Love Languages

The Heart of the Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

This seems like a Cliff's Notes version of The Five Love Languages.........which is what I thought I was buying.........oops didn't see the itty bitty writing on the top that said The Heart of.

This book is a nipped down version of the five love languages. Gary Chapman says these are the ways we receive love. The five languages are; quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service and physical touch. The point is to find out what language of love you speak and which one your spouse speaks. Then you will be better able to show you love each other. (Also applicable to children I assume.......although there is another book for that one too.)Unfortunately I think my love language is quality time......................too bad for me.
I think the longer version of this book would be a great read. It was actually recommend to me by a friend and I have had a hard time finding it through the library. I guess I will have to try again since I am NOT going to buy it now......hmph.
Rating 3.5 I really liked it and I can see that it was more of a quick reminder to the original book. I can see that he is on to something though. I would recommend reading it........or at least the longer version.
Rating PG Obviously it says things about sex because it is mostly about marriage.

No comments: