Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Blue Moon

Blue Moon (#2 the immortals) by Alyson Noel
I was like what?......and then I was like huh?.........
Ever and Damen are now immortal together. Damen has waited hundreds of years to have a relationship with Ever. It looks like he will have to keep waiting. Not long after the book begins, Roman comes on scene. Everyone in Ever's high school seems to like him except Ever. Roman gives her the creeps. For all of her psychic powers she can't seem to get a true read on him. And then just when Ever decides to give in to Damen and go all of the way (this was an irritating part.....it seemed one sided which I didn't like) Damen up and leaves her and begins acting strange. I could go on and on about what happened but since I was semi bored and a little confused........I won't.
Roman is there to ruin everything and Ever has to save the life that she and Damen have waited so long for. The answers lie in Summerland where Ever jumps in and out of.
I really loved Evermore (book 1) despite the fact it did seem Twilightish. I still felt it was unique enough to hold its own. Blue Moon however.........although unique....did not do anything for me. What I liked about the first book was the relationship between Ever and Damen and I was excited for that to progress. It died in the water in the second book. Roman was not a clear character to me. He and his purpose even when sort of explained still seemed ambiguous. Summerland just rots my mind. It seemed like every character changed so much that I wasn't even reading about the same people. I am truly sorry that I spent money on this book.
Rating 3
Rating PG 13 Some make out.......but more for the pressure to give in to sex. I disliked that the relationship seemed one sided on this one subject.

No comments: