Reading is wickedly delicious!!!

Friday, April 24, 2009

In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms


In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms by Dr. Laura Schlessinger
Dr. Laura's newest book is here just in time to give a boost to all full time mommies. This book is not full of statistics and science, just enough emotion to bring realization that there is nothing and no one that can top mommy love.
Obviously I enjoyed the book because it is upon the foundation of the mother relationship that I have built much of my recent life. Dr. Laura's anecdotal ways illustrates the important role mommy plays in the life of her WHOLE family. I felt like I was getting a big old pat on the back. I know the choice I have made is the right one for my family. Do I need validation from anyone else......even if I like you? NO. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I did however like to commiserate with other people by way of reading this book, that feel the same way. My reasons for staying at home are pure unadulterated selfishness. I will not allow the sweet moments of my family to be grasped by the hands of anyone else. I will receive all of the kisses, the hugs, the laughs and tears. I will receive all of the cuddles and diapers and EVERY piece of laundry. I was born to be a mommy and wife first. I have forever to do something else that doesn't matter to me as much. So thanks Dr. Laura.
Rating 4
Rating G

No comments: